Perch (Opaleye) Fish Printing Replica
Opaleye Perch Fish Printing Replica
Fish printing, the Japanese art of Gyotaku, is an excellent way to combine science and art. Each fish replica has been cast in flexible, non-toxic plastics from real fish specimens. The casting image is raised on one side of the replica; the reverse is flat for easy handling. Simply ink the fish and roll on paper to “capture” the species as a print. When finished, replicas can be easily cleaned with soapy water. We also offer a variety of washable block inks, ink rollers, and rice paper to enhance your fish printing activities.
Opaleye are heavy-bodied saltwater perch, olive green with two light spots at the base of the dorsal fin. Averaging under foot in length, they are often caught near breakwaters and piers in Pacific waters off California and Mexico.
For a helpful video demonstrating fish printing techniques please click here!
- Saltwater Fish Printing Discovery Kit® Item#: KIT-19003$94.95
- Saltwater Fish Printing Replica Collection (set of all nine saltwater fish replicas, discounted) Item#: FP-20245$134.95
- Fish Printing Replicas Collection (set of all 24 fish printing replicas, discounted) Item#: FP-23247$359.95
- Block Printing Ink 16-Color Collection (1¼ ounce size, discounted) Item#: T-20202$71.28
- Block Printing Ink 16-Color Collection (5 ounce size, discounted) Item#: T-24096$172.08
- Brayer (2" Rubber Ink Roller) Item#: T-9912$14.95
- Rice Paper Sheets (Pack of 100) Item#: T-24100$15.95
- Brown Alga Rubber Stamp: Sea Palm Item#: T-22214$12.95
- Brown Alga Rubber Stamp: Kelp Item#: T-22215$12.95
- Red Alga Rubber Stamp: Feathery Shape Item#: T-22216$12.95
- Red Alga Rubber Stamp: Leafy Shape Item#: T-22217$12.95
- Red Alga Rubber Stamp: Coralline Item#: T-22218$12.95
- Marine Algae Rubber Stamp Collection (all five stamps, discounted) Item#: T-22219$61.95